Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Tuesday, New Facebook Page and other note worthy news!!

Hello readers

How are you?  First things first check out the new fan page on Facebook and please like it and share the hell out of it, it will help raise awareness and be hugely appreciated its....: https://www.facebook.com/karlsrecoveryblog

I've just been to The Recovery Partnership for a MAP's meeting, i find these useful in the sense of being amongst a group of friends and like minded people, its a crucial support network for me.

So on my mind today is Eduction around Addiction and the harms of drink, drugs and substances which I have spoke before in previous posts.  I've decided a logical route into doing something within the education system would be to make a short film to create awareness of the harms of substances and how some people become addicted, throw in some shock and awe case studies and then inform the viewer how not to associate reaching out for help with a stigma and inform them of the help out there.  I will then pitch this film to education bodies with a view to getting it viewed within schools and colleges.  I have spoken with a film maker about this and been quoted £1000, but in all honesty I have a Macbook which is an ideal tool for powerfully self producing/directing it, so all i would need is a descent storyboard, camera and knowledge on how to do this myself, so that is the plan!

The second thing on my mind is that I need to start converting talk of starting a movement or opening a dry bar into a structured business plan to propose to investors, so I shall make  a start on this soon as well.

Im off to college tonight 6:30-9:00 for maths, excited about that but also a little disappointed I will be missing the Birmingham v Villa Derby , the first in 4 and a half years, UP THE BLUES KRO!! lol


No comments:

Post a Comment