Monday, September 14, 2015

Happy Monday









Welcome to Monday blog post, first of all check out this video bugging up the guys who helped me!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9ho0pdQEDk

So its Monday, its a new week and to be honest I'm still on a major buzz from Saturday, it was such an incredible day with a mass showing of people in unity against addiction.  I read a banner that rings so true ‘Together we can Recover’

So what does this week hold?, well I’ve been at Recovery in Rugby today for a coffee morning and whilst sat here i messed around and made the film.  Tonight I start college which will be every Monday and Tuesday morning.  What else this week, ok so i’ve got a few phone calls lined up with various recovery charities and people with a scope to all pulling together and making that difference.  I also have a load of emails I want to send off to make some noise, create some awareness and make some sort of difference hopefully.  Then on Thursday I have been invited to a conference event in Coventry which Im very excited about, will be a good networking chance and there are some very useful people doing talks etc at this event, oh and a free buffet.........will I be there?? buffet you say??? COUNT ME IN!! lol

The aim of the coffee morning at The Recovery Partnership in Rugby was to get service users and others signed up to the groups that are run here for

- Understanding Substance Misuse
- Harm Reduction
- Alcohol Awareness
- Self Build

There wasn’t many people attended this morning to be honest and its now a question of how can I play my part to help them get more service users through the door and into groups.  Ideas are a buzzin and i will write down some soon


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your college enrollment! This is a positive step and one that will pay rewards in a number of ways.

    ReplyDelete