Monday, September 07, 2015

Todays update, LOTS happening so good, SO HAPPY!

Never quit. If you stumble, get back up. What happened yesterday no longer matters. Today is another day so get on track and move closer to your dreams and goals. You can do it. 


Welcome to todays blog post, hope you are all well.  So ok, where to begin well for a start I hope as many of you as possible checked out the radio show I did over the weekend for Recovery Radio UK, The station have told me they loved the show and this week I will be putting together a 1 hour show to go on CD’s to be handed out at ‘The Recovery Walk Glasgow’ on Saturday.  Also the station will be attending a recovery convention in Marbella in October and have asked me to put together a 3 hour show for them to showcase over there, swell as my regular weekly shows Im doing for them.

Speaking of radio, on Friday I sent out a batch email to a load of news agencies and other such places and people stating that it was national recovery month, about this blog and about the kick starter project to open a social venue which is alcohol free.  This morning I received a telephone call from BBC Coventry & Warwickshire Radio, and I will be going live on air with them tomorrow morning at 7:22am to be interviewed about it all.  Im going to be taking my friend Casper with me from Recovery to represent The Recovery Partnership who are part of Addaction and all the work they are doing, aswell as mentioning that me and Casper are heading up to ‘The Recovery Walk 2015 - Durham’ on Saturday.  I will be getting Casper to take a load of photos of me in the morning speaking on air and with the presenter and I will upload those in tomorrows post as well as the listen on demand BBC Iplayer link.  Im going to be spending my afternoon today researching some stats and facts etc for the interview and writing down self prompts for points I want to get across in the interview.

Whilst I was at recovery arranging things with Casper I also got invited to chat to the head of The Recovery Partnership in Rugby who had been told lots of good things about me and the difference I'm trying to make, and he was impressed and in the coming weeks he intends to pull me on board to a few ideas to see if i can bring some motivation and passion and help the team achieve things.  This is something I'm majorly excited about, aswell as becoming a recovery champion which will hopefully be happing very soon.  Also there is talk of me getting funded to go with the team to a recovery convention, I would LOVE that so much, it would be like a dream at this moment in time to get involved, find out more and network with others about all this, fingers crossed!

Thats going to be it for today as I have lots of prep to do for tomorrow morning but I will write more tomorrow, take care x

- Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment