Monday, October 19, 2015

Its Monday, I've done a stack of research on card shops and tv advertising including 'The Soaps' UK

Hi Guys

So I've had a good weekend, including my nephews baptism which I attended and I did another radio show a proper funk and soul show it felt so good and i was having a private boogie in my home studio lol.

Last week I talked about card shops and there attitudes towards drink, I have now done some proper research and this is what I found

Card Factory - Of 22 cards for 18th Birthday's, 6 of them referred to Alcohol
                           They sold 23 products to celebrate occasions which were drink related

Cards Direct - Of 28 cards for 18th Birthday's, 8 of them referred to Alcohol
                          They sold 30 products to celebrate occasions which were drink related

Clintons - Of 82 cards for 18th Birthday's, 23 of them referred to Alcohol
                  They sold 0, THATS NONE!! products to celebrate occasions which were drink related

This is only representative of the stores I visited in the small town of Rugby.  I intend this week to email these companies and other card companies to get full products spec's and numbers when it comes to alcohol.

I have spoken before alot about TV advertising and promoting of alcohol.  On Friday to conduct research I watched the UK soap operas.  From 7-9pm (Pre Watershed and family viewing time typically) there were 30 references to drink or scenes featuring drink.  This is something I strongly feel needs reviewing!

I have also spoken before about sports being shown in public family venues pre watershed containing alcohol advertisements.  I went into such a place during a football match on Saturday evening and Im very pleased to report that no advertising for alcohol was done in the advert breaks on TV.





No comments:

Post a Comment