Thursday, February 11, 2016

Update on Book, I have penned a poem



Hi how you doing?

SO quick update, Im working away on the book, its getting toward final edit part now, all very exciting!.

I have penned a poem especially for the book here it is, hope you like it, speak soon

Storm
By Karl Newton

As I stand here on the jetty, looking at my boat bobbling around in the calm of the shore
I feel a sense of nerves and emotion
I have seldom felt before

As I look across the bay, I see a land of much allure
Full of hope and promise
The likes of which, I have never had before

I take one last glance behind me, at the place my heart once called a home
The fairground now is shutting, and dark clouds are setting the tone

I board my boat and cast off out to sea
Full of hope and desire
For my new life to be.

I row and I row until I hit some choppy seas
All of a sudden a dark mist is surrounding me
I’m lost in the wilderness between
The past and where I want to be

I find myself lost and full of doubt
Sinking emotionally
But then in a glimpse of wilting hope I recall
The land awaiting me
I grab my Orr, brace myself, then I fight the powers that be
Breathe by breathe, stroke by stroke, battling through the choppy seas

It is not too long until the black clouds fade and a ray of sunshine beckons me
The sea goes calm, the load gets light
And what is this I see?
The coast of the new land which welcomes me warm and gratefully

I take a look back across at the sea to my home that used to be
It has been battered and destroyed by the storm that troubled me

But not no more, As I stand on this shore.
I rode the wave and I was brave
And now I find the happiness I crave

Riding on the crest of my own happiness wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment